Tuesday 17 July 2012

Kale chips

For todays Try it On Tuesday, I decided to bake something.  I know, really silly in weather this hot to bake, but this only takes 10 min. My kale I was using for salads got big while we were away, so I wanted to use up a whole lot to cut it back. I remembered a recipe I had seen for Kale Chips. So here they are
A bunch of Kale leaves washed and dried. Tear up smaller and toss in olive oil and salt. ( Receipe said seasoned salt but I didn't have any)
Then bake at 350 for 10 min. It is that easy. They have a neat crunch to them and almost break into powder in your mouth. And you can say you are eating chips and getting your vegetables too.


Time to Eat !

2 comments:

  1. Nice! It's great to come across yummy snacks that are good for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kale chips, and no better way to get rid of a whole basket full of kale chips. I use garlic salt yum yum! I have another recipe for kale. It's kind of a marinade. 1/2 c olive oil, 1/3 c lemon juice, 1/3 c Braggs (like soy suace substitute), one well minced garlic clove, 1/4c chopped fine purple onion. whisk together and pour over 8 cups chopped kale. toss periodically for an hour or so 'til kale is wilted, serve with toasted sesame seeds. yum yum!! cheers, cw

    ReplyDelete