Monday 15 October 2012

Still Quilting

After a brief interruption for paid work, I am back to quilting. Before the week-end I got diagonal lines of quilting done with the walking foot, along each side of the ladders. Then I started free motion quilting inside. Doing meandering/stipple in the ladder sections and a linked heart in the bigger block. Was doing great until my bobbin ran out. Reloading it and restarting set off a rash of tension problems. Had to do some ripping out.







But here I am about 3/4 of the way through the body of the quilt.
Plus I have found a design for the border quilting. A swag from Mary M. Covey's "Follow the line Quilting Designs".  Feeling confident I will get this done in time. Maybe too confident, I went and accepted an extra shift for the weekend. I better get back to the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment