Sunday 10 February 2013

Busy Weekend

 

Been very busy here this weekend, but then isn’t everyone’s weekend busy?

The biggest item was the snowstorm Friday. It snowed the whole day long

picnictable

Here’s a look at my back yard and picnic table Saturday morning. But no power outages here and I sewed and sewed all evening. Finishing the flimsy for the log cabin Tinkerbelle's

logcabinThe centre of each block is a Tinkerbelle fussy cut. It is my first time doing a log cabin and other than a few spots where the light/dark is a little off I pretty pleased with it.

crayonbx

And I got all the blocks together for a Crayon Box, now working on the sashing.

Finally, today we went over the border shopping including a stop at Jo Anne’s for fabric. A co-worker requested a quilt with superman fabrics for a baby. My inclination was to look and see what some of my e-bay sellers had for fabric but DH is a real comparison shopper and insisted on checking out what was available locally. The Canadian chain fabric store had some at $18 a metre. Went on-line to Jo Ann’s and found out they were having a sale on licensed fabrics, so over we went.

fabric

There’s a few more faces than just Superman but DH persuaded me that at 40% off it was better to get some to have on hand. Was thinking on doing another crayon box but that was because I was thinking of the 4.5” I spy block for centres. Now that I have yardage to work with I’m considering a “Streak of Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment