Wednesday 20 March 2013

Totally Side-tracked Tuesday

I was doing so good focusing on finishing Superman and cleaning house. Then I saw some blog posts that sparked an idea and I just had to do a sample block to see if it worked… And then it became Wednesday.

The first de-railment was a comment on the Album block in Bonnie's post. It got me thinking about how to turn a nine patch into an album block and I had to try it.

100_2547

Then while I was cleaning off a bookcase, I found a quilting book I had forgotten about. While flipping through it to see if it was worth keeping, I came across a block called Birds on the Tracks and it looked like it could be a way to use up some of the bonus triangles from clipping corners. So I had to give it a try.

100_2546

I think it is going to use up these pinks that are left over from an I Spy I did – the one with the star sashing. Not sure I have enough to do more than one block, maybe I’ll make it the centre of a medallion quilt.

But I did get the borders done on the re-make of the Superman quilt. Now to get it quilted.

100_2549

1 comment:

  1. ooh, I love the bright primaries on the Superman quilt, very cute! I get side tracked like that too, but I think it often leads to good things so I try not to worry about it to much when it happens! cheers, CW

    ReplyDelete