Tuesday 16 April 2013

Decisions

Two weeks ago, Jayne at Jayne’s Quilting Room ( http://jaynesquiltingroom.blogspot.com/ )  blogged about her Diamond quilt made with  Kaffe Fasset fabrics. It is gorgeous, even drop dead gorgeous.  Her directions made sense of this intricate pattern and I was inspired to do one myself. So inspired I went on eBay and bought up 15 fq’s of Kaffe Fasset florals to make it. They started arriving Friday and I decided to carefully layout the diamonds to get the most of the fabric since it is only fat quarters. Turns out I can only get 9 5” diamonds from a FQ. The smaller version of this pattern called for 11 diamonds across. Curses. Foiled again.

Then I remembered one of Pat Sloan’s patterns. A giant churn dash using florals.

100_2569

Or I could have re-done the Floribunda quilt by Bonnie (block on right). But after a day or two staring at these two blocks I’ve decided  the churn dash with the 4.5” centre square shows off the large scale fabric better.

100_2566

Just waiting to dive in.

But first I need to put borders on two tops.

100_2568This is the Hello Kitty top and I don’t have a picture of the Sister’s choice top yet. Spent a good chunk of time staring at fabrics deciding on which to use. Only to come back to my first choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment