Sunday 16 June 2013

another graduation, another road trip


Our oldest daughter is graduating again. This time from a para-legal course to complement her BA.  So once again we are driving down east.  Thus this week has been a flurry of getting stuff ready to go. Some dear friends have had another grand child this spring, so a Baby Sister’s Choice for the new baby sister.
Second Sisters
  I’m happier with this one than I was with the first.  The neutrals are more neutral.  It makes a nice finished size for a baby quilt.
And I’ve been working on some place mats to take as a gift for our Boston cousin.  They are from a new pattern I got as a freebie during the local Shop Hop two weeks ago.  I thought this big print of vegetables and flowers was ideal for them.
placemats 
The one thing worrying me is my garden. The lettuce is coming along strong and needs to be harvested almost daily now. Garden I might have to recruit my MIL as a lettuce picker.  The tall plants behind the lettuce are my tomatoes, lots of green growth, no blossoms yet.



Linking up with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday, as I hand sew the bindings on these items. Off I go to sew, to sew.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like so many quilters also love to garden. I picked my first grape tomatoes yesterday, this is the first year I have grown them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can enjoy some hand stitching in the car while you travel.
    Such a pretty baby quilt.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete