Thursday 6 July 2017

A Finish

And I even had it finished by Wednesday.... then got busy and forgot to blog. That's been happening a lot lately. So much socializing going on, that I am not on my computer. And that is a good thing. Some of it planned, like having my kids here for July 1st dinner, some of it not, like friends calling and inviting us over for a swim that turns into dinner and goes on until 11 pm.

But back to quilting. Orange Crush is finished and is going in the mail today for a little cousin in New York. It was her Bat Mitzvah two weeks ago and while we couldn't attend due to another commitment the next day in Toronto, my husband wanted to give her a quilt just as we had for the cousin in San Francisco.  So here it is.
The pieced border had me tearing my hair out for a while. Since I had made mine a different size than Bonnie's the numbers she give didn't correspond and I had to do some high level math. And in the end I had to fudge a little. The bottom border doesn't have the four patch corner, instead it has the flying geese block continuing to the end. That was because the side border had to end with a half goose there. No one will know it wasn't supposed to be that way, and I'm too far away to be telling anyone.
And Garden Party is together and waiting to have the edges trimmed up and borders put on.
Amidst all the fun and outdoor time some quilting happened. Now to link up with  Jo's Ufo Update

3 comments: