Thursday 5 October 2017

Almost finished

I have been delaying writing a post hoping to have my niece's wedding quilt to show off.  And it is almost done. Just one last side to sew down the binding on, a quick trip to the washer and it will be out on the clothes line. But, it was a beautiful day out today, so I popped it up on the line with the last bit still in the binding clips.
2017-10-05 12.21.20
Isn’t that spectacular ? Jo and Kelli really knocked it out of the park with this pattern. ( Bohemian Rhapsody from Country Girl Modern ). I am already planning on doing another one. Just need to find the right fabrics.   And the back is almost as good.
2017-10-05 12.20.57
The Polish fabric from the Quilted Twins is gorgeous.   I’m fairly pleased with the results. I have to make it “fairly” because of some errors but I have promised myself not to repeat them to anyone else.   I told you about one of them, the triangle corner that wasn’t there.  I did some un-sewing and put it in. Then on the next row of quilting I found a square turned the wrong way, and un-sewed and fixed that also.
While all this was going on I had a request for a baby quilt. With only two weeks notice. Yikes.  So out came some baby panels from my stash. Additional request, no pink.  Amazingly I managed to find two that met the requirements, quilted one up and offered it to her with the proviso that if this didn’t satisfy, there was another in the works. Of course she wanted the one not finished, so pedal to the floor and several hours later …. okay maybe two days later.  Here they are.
2017-09-23 12.52.272017-09-23 12.53.30
  She picked the Noah’s Ark, as it was a little bigger than the Alphabet.
2017-09-23 12.54.23
Not sure whether to call these finished UFO’s as they hadn’t even been started. They were just potential projects and now one is a finished quilt all ready for another baby.
Now to link up with Jo’s  UFO Progress

4 comments:

  1. The wedding quilt is lovely!

    Well done getting the baby quilt done so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Niece's wedding quilt is beautiful, sure to be treasured for many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I loved how it came out and could hardly part with it when the time came to give it to her. I was tempted to start a new one but pulled out a WIP instead

      Delete