Monday 8 January 2018

Mystery Monday Link Up

What a great day it was yesterday. Well, yes it was extremely cold outside and probably even snowing but I didn’t have to go anywhere but my sewing machine. And, extra bonus, QuiltCam !
I was feeling so enthusiastic I even tried to send a picture of my sewing set up to Bonnie. However technology failed ( a much too tedious tale to tell).  So sharing it now
20180107_153441
I was trying to get a whole bunch of blocks done so I could check the layout. Managed one and three quarters of a second.
Well, still tried the layout with what I have already done.
2018-01-08 11.48.55 This is a knock-out. Totally stupendous. And complicated. Definitely need to pay attention to what goes where.

What I wanted to check most of all was the scrappy sashing. I wasn’t sure if changing from a constant in the blocks to scrappy in the sashing would work out. But also not sure if I have enough of the constant to do all the sashing and the blocks. Thought since I had a really long length of this fabric it would be sufficient however, it didn’t have the width. Instead of 42 inches or even 40, this was only 35.

20180107_211302A closer look with better colour, picture from my camera instead of my tablet. I think this will work.
 Now to just get all the pieces finished.  A whole lot of sashing left to sew.
Did get all the setting pieces cut, so I can put all the blue away. A few more brown HST and QST to cut so that is still out.  And so glad I bought the Folded Corners ruler, made this last step go fast.

2018-01-08 11.56.20
So now just sewing ahead but first to link up with Bonnie.Mystery Monday Link Up

5 comments:

  1. It is looking really good, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I can't wait to get my block up on the design wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sure you'll get there soon

      Delete
    2. You just have to get better first. Rest, the quilting can wait

      Delete