Thursday 11 January 2018

UFO update

I had such good intentions. I went to the sewing room last night, got out my UFO project, established which clue I was on, got the pieces ready. Even put a few blocks together.  Thinking all the time that I would go down this morning and make some serious progress on this. Then I would link into Jo’s Country Junction
Didn’t happen. Day was totally hijacked by a request for a baby quilt. I knew I had some ready and some ready-to-quilt. So down I went and pull things out of bins, finding all the ones that could be ready within a week. Nine ! I found nine, two just waiting for a new home, five waiting for quilting and two needing borders.
collageforLou
After a photoshoot and some creative editing, I had a collage of them ready to email out. And soon I had a happy customer.
But that threw my day off. Instead of going back to the UFO in the basement (which now had fabric everywhere as I prepared to put borders on the last two in case that was their choice), I put the Bricks and Stepping Stones top together. And worked on the checkerboard for the Checkered Past top. 
20180110_232036
I managed to get all the Bricks and Stepping Stones assembled and it is now ready for some borders.  As well, the blocks for the Checkered Past have all their sashing and are ready for a layout and webbing together
20180110_232550 There is not room enough on my wall for all 20 blocks so will have to lay this out on the floor to get the right light/dark arrangement. Pretty happy with how’s it’s going so far.
 It is hard to see in the pictures but all those center blocks are shirt pockets.  And the majority are from my husband’s shirts. I have been taking a few at a time over the years. When I saw this pattern on the Quilted Twins website (Checkered Past )I knew it was perfect for them.  I augmented the selection with some others just for the colour and uniqueness of some 20180110_232617pockets.  But mostly they are shirts he will recognize. I have been pushing to have it ready for his birthday. Except,I forgot about the sashing between these blocks. I just noticed it when I went to add in the link to the pattern. Oh, well, back to the cutting board. I was already going to omit the border once I increased the blocks from 16 to 20 but the sashing strips totally slipped my mind.
So no UFO today. But very productive.

3 comments:

  1. wonderful quilt projects - your husband will love his quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt with the shirt pockets is very clever! You have so many almost done baby quilts! Which one did the customer pick?

    ReplyDelete