Wednesday 7 February 2018

New UFO project

Well, since it is a UFO it really isn’t a “New” project. But having finished my previous UFO it was time to pick another one.
2016-01-04 14.55.15This is the first picture I can find of them in my files. Four Patch Revisited from Adventures with Leaders and Enders . 2018-02-07 12.02.11 January 4th 2016. It was a Four Patch challenge that Bonnie posted about, and I jumped right in.  I put a twist to it in that I decided to make the four patches with plaid shirt for one side and a solid of a colour of the shirt on the other half. Well, not really a solid, but dense enough to pass for one at a distance. That didn't last very long, and I kept the idea of the shirts but got less picky with the companion block.

I did get all the four patches for the centre of the top together and the layout done by November of that year. And rows clipped together it has sat in a plastic bin since. Mostly because I’ve been doing more deadline, gift giving quilts since then. And also because I thought I needed 300 more four patches for the border.
2016-11-08 08.54.39
So, while puttering  working hard in the sewing room finishing the bindings,  I pulled out the box of four patches, did a count, rechecked the pattern and jumped in.
I didn’t need 300 and I had over half of what I did need. Plus a whole stack of 1.5 inch strips I’d cut up while taming the shirt pile a few months ago. This looked do-able. And sure enough, in a few hours of sewing time I had them all finished.
Hubby swapped out my bedroom machine so I’m back in action upstairs, webbing the rows together. And downstairs, I’m putting the neutral border squares together with four patches.
All of this will come to a full stop in a few days as we pick up our suitcases and head off on our vacation. But I bet I can get a good portion of it done before we go.  So now to link up with Jo and see what is happening over at the Country Junction

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Mary! Can't wait to see your finish! Vacation?? Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete