Monday 19 March 2018

Monday Update

Here we are, it’s  Monday and time for another string challenge update.  And another week of no progress on the strings. Hardly any sewing this week at all, most of my time has been taken up with socializing either with family or others.  A big apology for my whiny post the other day, I meant to go back and erase it once I realized how petty it was but maybe I should leave it as a reminder to myself.  I wasn’t as upset about the fabric as I was about the people who had promised my son that they would come visit and then didn’t, even after repeatedly assuring him they were coming. Ranting about the fabric was a deflection, I was mad because some one was hurting my son’s feelings and I couldn’t do anything about it.

Back to the fabric, I did get a chance to nip downstairs yesterday and get it all ironed and folded in my preferred method.  And I figured out what I’m going to make with it. The idea to redo Pfefferneuse got tossed, then I considered Zuckerwatte . But flipping through String Fling looking for Zuckerwatte I passed by Talking Turkey. BIN2018-03-19 09.50.25GO !
The only colours are red and neutral, this will use up a whole bunch of the reds.
Here they are all ironed, folded and labeled with size.
2018-03-18 11.24.12


And then what to do with the blues, they are a great bunch and deserve their own project also.
2018-03-18 12.04.34The floral’s will go in Becky’s pattern, Elsa’s Garden although the blue and white floral is over 3 metres and could do something all by itself. The stack to the left are fat quarters, the indigo is a metre and the lighter blue is 2 metres.
So…Blue Skies2018-03-19 09.50.45
But first I have to finish something. Anything, just to have a finish, there are too many works in progress to dash off and start a new one . While I was in the sewing room yesterday, I got the first border cut for 4 Patch Revisited so that's a good place to start today.
First to link up with Jo:String Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you sounded whiny at all, simply like a quilter with new fabric to play with and new fabric to play with is so hard to ignore! I'm so sorry that someone disappointed your son, it's so hard to see our kids get hurt. Shame on the ones who let him down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad it didn't sound as bad as I thought. It's hard to see him struggle with making adult friendships, he is so trusting

    ReplyDelete