Monday 12 March 2018

Strings ??

Well, they are still sitting in a heap, waiting for me to get back to them.  In the mean time, other projects continue to take precedence.  First and foremost, the curtains. I am halfway through,having completed 7 of the 15 required. The last 8 are kicking my butt. They all need to be the same length. Not just pairs, these will be hung in sets of four to cover wide windows. And rather than hang to the floor where a half inch plus or minus isn’t obvious, these are hanging at window sill height. Pressure much? Oh yeah.
2018-03-12 11.24.17 I pulled out my cardboard layout helper finally to assist with lining up. Things might go a little easier now.
After getting this set up, hubby occupied the rest of my day with a visit to friends.
Once I get this posted I will get back to it. This is laid out on the dining room table and the light is best there in the daytime.
In between cutting curtains, I did some sewing on the 4patch revisited top. Enough that the centre section is assembled.
2018-03-12 11.17.27Next up, a brown border.  Bonnie did hers scrappy but I think I will take some of the browns I have pulled for Ringo Lake and find one of them with enough yardage.
As Leaders and Enders for webbing this, I was assembling bargello strips for the back of Checkered Past. It was an idea I had once I saw how long the top was. Using my UFO bargello in my Frankenquilt didn’t finish all of it. There was still a finished strip, several partial strips, and a whole lot of fabric cut for it. It is certainly a lot more work than just finding a couple big chunks of fabric but hopefully will clear out a whole container of 2.5 inch strips.
2018-03-12 12.34.24 Enough computer time, back to the sewing while I still have light. But first to link up with Jo;String Challenge

2 comments:

  1. curtains are a big project... I like the 4 patch quilt- neat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I would much rather work on the 4 patch than the curtains.

      Delete